Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free to a GOOD home!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

Free to a GOOD home! Empty
PostSubject: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 19:11

Decker, sadly, needs to find a new home due to financial circumstances beyond my control. The heat of the deep south does NOT agree with him. He's a super sweet boy. I would recommend only kids ride him as he is still doing some tripping. I have no idea why and do not have the $$ for x-rays done by the vet. He is a harder keeper.

He is FREE to a GOOD home and I will help with the shipping. I can haul some of the distance myself. He must go and he must go SOON! Y'all please help spread the word.

https://horsefeathers.forumotion.com/list-your-horses-for-sale-f4/two-horses-for-sale-t784.htm
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 19:26

All my extra cash is going to get a good hay supply built up right now, but if for some reason anyone is going to be traveling north with a horse trailer he is more then welcome here!

We've got plenty of room, plenty to eat and he'd not have to work any harder then taking Caley for a circle or two around the round pen. It's just not possible for us to go get him right now though.

On another note, if he can't make it here, he is going to be absolutly perfect for someone. You can tell he is such a sweet guy just by the way he looks in all his pics
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 19:51

Thanks Cascy!
Maybe I should get back up with Ferronsgranny and see if we can get a horsey relay going. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 20:49

I had high hopes of the relay thing working, but when I ran it by Brad he said our trailer can't go that far. The new truck has a 6 inch lift on it, and that makes our trailer sit weird... the front axle of the trailer barely touches the ground now and all the weight is on the back, so no long trips with it until I can get some 16 in wheels and tires on the trailer to see if it will make it sit a little better. No
Back to top Go down
scrappy

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 21:01

Cascy....road trip.......I wish I could scoop you up, bring my trailer, and go to Jeanne's.......sadly, I cant take any vacation till Bennie hears if he won the trip or not.....
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 21:24

*sigh* Thanks guys.... I'll figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Logic

Logic

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 22:37

Cascy shoot me a couple of pics of the neck of your new trailer, It may be adjustable
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct - 6:44

Logic, it is adjustable, but the bad part is, if we move it in either direction it will just make it worse.

If we go up, it puts even MORE weight on the rear trailer axle, if we go down to make the trailer axles' level then the nose of the trailer is to low and will hit either the tail gate of the truck (or if we remove the tail gate) it will it the sides of the bed as we turn....

Someone remind me again why boys need their toys to be so dang BIG??? Free to a GOOD home! 259816

Brad said his friend has some 16" tires he is going to give us. Now I just need to find 16" wheels that will fit the trailer. I'm hoping that will level things out enough, but it if doesn't, then he's talking about welding in spaces underneath??

Thanks Scrappy, but I understand. If it works, it was meant to be, if not... well maybe there's another person out there who needs him more then anyone else could imagine Wink
Back to top Go down
divinemisselle

divinemisselle

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct - 8:52

I posted him to my FB page and will continue to spread the word about Decker.
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct - 15:01

Thank you Lisa Marie!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free to a GOOD home!   Free to a GOOD home! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free to a GOOD home!
Page 1 of 1