Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Updated on Razzberry for sale

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Updated on Razzberry for sale Empty
PostSubject: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun - 16:06

This is just on a whim--I pretty much know that this is a hard sell.
We are selling Razzberry, Emily's welsh pony cross. I will have to update pics later--there should be some under horse photos on here though.

Red Roan, 9 year old mare. 13.2 hands.
w,t,c and schools @ 2 feet.
Very easy to bathe, clip and great for the farrier.
She is a fantastic lesson pony/
DOWNFALL--she needs an aggressive handler-rider when you go to horse shows.
I have taken her to 2 shows and the first one she was pretty strong. I do not know how Em stayed on her, but she did.
2nd show--she never made it inside the ring. Rolling Eyes
She spazzed out outside of the ring--there was not any way I was putting a young child on her with what she was doing.
She has been shown before--previous owner states that she gets strong, but they always had an older child ride her before putting young child on.

Previous owner also states that Razz is a great trail pony. We schooled her so much ---we never had time to go out in the woods. But I have had her around traffic and she was very good.

I honestly do not know what her problem is--I just am not investing any more money into her.
I swear that I am cursed:(

Emily will be showing my horse (Scout) for 4 H this year. I know what I have with him. Neutral

Last edited by Jitterbug on Sun 18 Jul - 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 11:51

Do you have pictures of her?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 12:18

Well, rats... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 12:40

Sad My post was pretty insensitive. I'm sorry she's not working out for you.
Back to top Go down
Leadmare

Leadmare

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 12:44

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun - 13:32

I can't see the videos, but she looks cute. Maybe there's an experienced older rider who can show her for the summer and try to break the habit? My mare is stupid, mostly at shows, and we thought about renting some ring time at new places like mock shows, to teach her some manners but in a controlled environment. Might be worth a try?
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 7:59

It is fine--I am cursed and I know it. I am not even sure I can laugh anymore.

If anyone wants to take her for a month and try her--I am very open to it.

She is a great pony--I really like her--I am broke and cannot spend anymore on her.
I have very limited time--my job consumes my life.
Emily is riding Scout--so far so good.
Razzberry taught her to really ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 8:17

Well poop.

What does she do when she gets to the show other than being strong? How far are you from York, PA?
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 10:11

First show she was nervy when we got there. I lunged her a bit and Emily rode her around outside fine. Nervous wreck in the ring--but Em rode it out.
She did not like being left behind when they called for the ribbons.

2nd show:
Walked her around a bit--looky lou but listened well and we lunged her.
Emily rode her out by the trailer and she was nervy but listened well.

We were there for around 2 and a half hours--Em was going to ride her again since she did so well. I had her walk her around farther--went all the way around the arena.
Em said she pranced and then reared--em turned her and calmed her down and she was fine.
I then took her for a walk all the around the ring. She was very excited and pumped up.
I let her walk circles around me and just kept turning her.

She all of a sudden did the deer snort, leaped up in the air and then took off.
I got her stopped, but she did bolt at least a dozen times then. I do not know how I did not lose her. After that--with her not being able to quickly calm down--I would not let Emily ride her.

I will say that Razzberry is always better under saddle than in hand.
She is a forward pony.

Her old owners did show her.
They always had older teenagers ride her around before letting the young child on her and she was fine.

I am very open to offers and again I will let her go for a month trial.

I am 3 hours from York PA---I am 30 minutes past State College.
The lesson barn is in Hastings PA which is out by Ebensburg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 10:34

I was going to offer to ride her out for you but you're pretty far away. I wonder what happened to her that has her so spooked? The rearing doesn't bug me so much as the bolting. :/ I know a friend of mine was looking for a pony, I'll check with her. I'm afraid she's a little too much for what I need.
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 10:44

Thanks Hideaway
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun - 10:51

Needed to add:
We boarded this pony all winter and she never has done any of this stuff.

We brought her home Mid March and she was perfectly fine when she came here.
Emily rides her and jumps her in an open field.
Not nervy or spooky.

I will not take her to any more shows, I do not want this behavior becoming instilled in her.

I am not trying to portray the pony as bad because she is not. She needs work with how she behaves in public places. I am just being honest since I do not want anyone to be surprised like I was. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 21:58

I'm just curious here... Do you think she would have potential as a trail pony for older kids? Maybe she's jsut burnt out from showing?
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun - 9:21

Cascy---from what previous owners have said, she is an excellent trail pony for any child.
When going out with other horses.

Older kids have trail ridden her by herself.

After talking with ALL of her previous owners, I have figured out what the problem is with her.
She has always been a pony that was boarded.
When they go to shows---the other horses from the barn are there.

I am the only idiot that ever took her to a show without her stablemates. No
I have worried and asked a lot of questions and that is the conclusion that I have come to.
That behavior at horse shows is so out of character for her and that is why it troubled me so much.
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun - 10:30

To bad your so far away, I'd so work with her for ya.

On the bright side, while it seems like something that is a "bad" problem, it isn't something that's not (usually) impossible to fix.

Do you have a way to seperate her from the other horses, like out of sight seperate?

When we got our yellow horse is was the most herd/buddy sour horse you'd ever seen. Point blank would have an all out temper tantrum if he couldn't be within touching distance.

After spending about a month in seperation, where I was his only contact (and you have to be out with them alot, your basically replacing thier herd), he started looking to me for that comfort. Then taking him out alone and letting him have a job (I took him in the pen and worked him on some small easy heifers), it built up his confidence, and the job kept his mind off things. Now he'll go anywhere alone, and is very independent.

Just a thought, maybe it'd work with your pony... Sounds like she'd be a perfect kids horse if you can work past this Wink
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul - 13:17

OK--I am updating info on Razz with current pictures. I would love for this pony to go to a home where her owner does not want to show at this time. This pony is perfect for a child to learn to ride on. She does ring work, even in an open field. She is stated to be good on the trails--Emily has started taking her for little rides around here and Razzy does great. Emily loves this pony (so do I)--very easy to get along with. Emily loves riding her and Razz is her first choice to ride on any given day--at home--not at shows. This pony would be great for a child that does not have the desire to show. I am asking 1000 for her--way less than I paid.

Walking:
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0552
Trotting:
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0553
Cantering:
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0563
Jumping: (Isuck @ action pictures lol)
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0578
Standing:
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0572
Without tack:
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0547
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0541
Em loves her and she totally loves being loved on and doing a good job.
Updated on Razzberry for sale DSCN0585
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul - 13:20

She is fine being kept alone and riding by herself. She is also good in a mixed herd.
She just has issues with the horse shows---I have found out that she was gamed also---hence that could be part of the issue. Go crazy at ringside. Rolling Eyes At least in this neck of the woods that is how it is.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul - 17:19

She is a beauty - and such a nice trail horse.. I will keep my ears open.. If my grand-daughter was only a bit older and closer.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/
country-mare

country-mare

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 6:48

She's a beautiful pony!
Wish you were closer, and I was
finished with all these medical test for Hubby.
I would really be tempted to take her off your hands.
She's just what I hope to look for after the first of the year.
The goal is to lose a 100 lbs pounds and find me a nice stocky welsh
cross that I can ride and mess with.
With her color she would blend in great with Jack and Peanut. Updated on Razzberry for sale 909320
Hope you find her a really great home.
Back to top Go down
Jitterbug

Jitterbug

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 14:26

Country----she would be in her Glory with Jack and Peanut. Very Happy She is a mare after all that thinks "boys are cool". As much as she loves to flirt though, she does know her job under saddle even when "in".

I had one call on her, but I was not pleased. New child to riding---they do not have other horses. I do not want that for Razzy. Parent did not understand why it is a good idea for a young child to have basic lessons. All in all--it is OK. If Razzy does not sell to the appropriate home, then we will keep her and just change our game plan. I can only keep 3 here--that is pushing the limit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated on Razzberry for sale   Updated on Razzberry for sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated on Razzberry for sale
Page 1 of 1