Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mare for Sale Still $ Sale

Go down 
+2
Admin
MissMolly'sMom
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Empty
PostSubject: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeSun 7 Mar - 17:35

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/watch+silky+be+smart

Silky
11yo sorrel mare
15+ hands
1100 lbs

Silky is a green broke mare that I brougt back from Texas in Nov. She was bought as a resale project. She loads, leads, saddle, bridles, rides, backs, stands for vet and farrier without issues. She has no bite or kick, but has bucked 1 time when we first got her home, from some pretty bad girth sores that were anout 4 to 5 inches long in her sides. After we saw them she was not riden until they healed and she was not sore. Since then she as not even offered to buck or flinch. She waould be an awesome project for someone to finish training her. She has alot of heart, and some speed and is very cowy. She is built like a mac truck. I do know that she had been used as a broodmare while she was in Texas, but I would love to find a home for her that will finish her out and ride her.

Her price is 800.00 somewhat negociable to good home only. If interested PM me.

Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Picture096
Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Picture101
Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Picture100

Last edited by cameo05 on Wed 2 Jun - 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeSun 7 Mar - 17:35

These pics were taken in Nov.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar - 7:59

As big chested and big boned as this girl is I would love to see her working cows... Her Price is very negociable to HF homes only. She is 100% sound mind and body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 9:14

I put this mare back up for sale... I will take 600.00 for her whether it is a broodmare or a project to finish training her, she would be awesome. I do know that the ranches in Texas used her as a broody.
Back to top Go down
MissMolly'sMom

MissMolly'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 9:31

That is one gorgeous mare! Mare for Sale Still $ Sale 738454 She reminds me of Foxy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 9:33

Thank you.. She is a sweet girl that has some learning to do but really wants to please. I do love her build but she was bought for a project and then for resale.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 19:16

Dang, too bad you aren't closer - she would make a nice cross on Kaycee, and I LOVE Two Eyed Jacks.. Wink

She is built a lot like the roping Two Eyed Jack gelding I had.. a bit shorter, but a lot like him..
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep - 7:55

She is a big girl. Alot taller than my Belle. She is a baby doll. Yeah with her bone and build and kind eye matched with him would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:49

You make her have a thing thing instead of a hoo haa and she can come to my place!!

What is the deal?? Has anyone else noticed almost all the nice horses out there for sale right now are mares? Mare for Sale Still $ Sale 291109
Back to top Go down
MissKitty

MissKitty

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 12:58

Yep, at least up here alot of mares that were bred/bought to be used as broodies are instead becoming good saddle horses.

Friend of ours was commenting last saturday at the sales barn on where have all the good riding horses gone? Hard to find many for sale up here. Not even a whole lot of decent bred young stuff started under saddle either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 13:21

Cascy, I only buy mares for myself. Funny thing was at the auction in Texas, I bought the gelding and my hubby bought this mare. Lol

MissKitty... At my place she was only bought to retrain to ride.. Not anything else. LOL. Of course who ever buys her can ride her or whatever they want as long as she is treat good. She is going ot make one nice riding mare.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 19:42

MissKitty wrote:
Yep, at least up here alot of mares that were bred/bought to be used as broodies are instead becoming good saddle horses.

Friend of ours was commenting last saturday at the sales barn on where have all the good riding horses gone? Hard to find many for sale up here. Not even a whole lot of decent bred young stuff started under saddle either.

It is going to get worse, too. This happened many years ago when the price of horses fell; for years, it was hard to find a good riding gelding.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 20:13

I wonder where all of the geldings went? I hope not over the border!

That's a nice mare, Cameo. Love her blonde mane!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 2 Nov - 9:02

Ya'll are funny. I prefer to ride mares. I personally will not buy a gelding for me to ride. Hubby rides a gelding, but my daughter nephew and I ride mares. LOL
Back to top Go down
racermom

racermom

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeWed 3 Nov - 6:27

I am with you Cameo...I like a mare. My husband and daughter do not understand why but that is what all my favorite horses have always been!
Back to top Go down
MissMolly'sMom

MissMolly'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeWed 3 Nov - 7:24

i really do prefer mares too. Jack's gelding is well, y'all have heard me say it before... a jerk o potomus. Maybe it is because I can totally understand the moody part of a mare Very Happy the lady we bought our place from wouldn't have a mare on her property.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov - 8:46

I will let Silky go for 600.00 and I will meet someone half way with in reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov - 10:59

SOLD
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 18:24

Do you know who has her now? There is a mare at Opie's barn who is named Silky and looks a lot like her pictures. I wonder if she came to Alpharetta?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mare for Sale Still $ Sale   Mare for Sale Still $ Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mare for Sale Still $ Sale
Page 1 of 1