Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't stop thinking of this Mare

Go down 
+5
Alpha Mare
Admin
rulerskipacajun
Orchid
Cappysmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cappysmom

Cappysmom

Can't stop thinking of this Mare Empty
PostSubject: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 8:44

I have found this horse for sale. I am thinking seriously of buying another horse for a) boyfriend and b) daughter to share. My only concern is that she is only 14 3'. Boyfriend is 5 '10 and my daughter who is 11 is already 5'7. I really don't know what to do. I actually really this horse for me, lol. The only problem is my appy is not really a beginners horse. However looks at this mare's eyes. I am such a sucker for soulful eyes. What to do?
http://www.ncaequine.com/dally.htm
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 8:49

I'm a hair under 5'10" and I have no problem at all riding a 14.3 hand horse. If you like her, go check her out, I say! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 8:59

I agree go check her out and see how she looks, my DH is 5'10" and has a little Paso mare that he rides and he does not look odd on her.

This is DH on his Paso Maggie Mae, and I think she may be 14hands at the very most

Can't stop thinking of this Mare 4thofJuly
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 9:51

I would check her out as well.. Major is 14.3, and was ridden by a dad who is 5'7" - he didn't look silly on him at all... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 9:55

And we are not enablers not at all Can't stop thinking of this Mare 712336
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 19:01

She might work for you guys! My best friend is 5'10 and her horse is 14.3. They do great together!
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 19:02

Also, I was just thinking, if you at least go see her, and don't feel a connection, then at least you will know...
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 19:14

I have you all beat...

All 6'4 of Brad on 14.1 hh Jake Wink

Can't stop thinking of this Mare 28mjng9

I'm 5'9 and I ride jake all the time without feeling out of place, so I think you'd be fine Very Happy
This is me on him, he was about 14.2 when this was taken..
Can't stop thinking of this Mare 1q0nz9

It's not the size of the horse, it's how they can move that counts Wink
Back to top Go down
MissMolly'sMom

MissMolly'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 19:21

Y'all are giving me hope that Trevor will still be able to ride Bella when he grows! They are perfect right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 19:42

Wow Cappy go check her out.. She looks like a nice mare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 21:46

I love that first pic. When does he come home? Laughing
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 5:17

One of my mares is 14HH and I'm 5' 9" and I'm overweight to boot. I feel like a giant riding a Shetland pony Can't stop thinking of this Mare 712336 but I've been told it's not all that bad and that she can handle me & to stop worrying about it.
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 8:10

HorseLVR wrote:
One of my mares is 14HH and I'm 5' 9" and I'm overweight to boot. I feel like a giant riding a Shetland pony Can't stop thinking of this Mare 712336 but I've been told it's not all that bad and that she can handle me & to stop worrying about it.

Hubby said that same thing about Maggie when he started riding her, she was a rescue and very skinny, it took us a year to build up her weight and trust before we rode, and then hubby had a rodeo a few times Razz After she bucked him off twice everyone said not to worry if she can buck you off you are not too big or heavy for her Can't stop thinking of this Mare 712336
Back to top Go down
Cappysmom

Cappysmom

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 9:12

You guys are too funny. I am really getting the itch to see this horse. I didn't think I wanted a mare as I am not really a mare person but I feel this horse is speaking to me, lol.
Back to top Go down
PVF

PVF

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 9:16

Look at the pictures the 2nd to the last row and the 2nd one in I believe.. How could you say NO to that face. Laughing So when are you going to look at her?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prairieviewfarms.net

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 18:22

Well Cappy what did you do?
Back to top Go down
Cappysmom

Cappysmom

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 9:15

Well, I got sick so didn't get a chance to see this lovely girl, yet. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 9:47

Oh goodness. I do hope that you are feeling better.. I hope you can go see her soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't stop thinking of this Mare   Can't stop thinking of this Mare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't stop thinking of this Mare
Page 1 of 1