Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trying to help a friend (wanted!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cascy

Cascy

Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Empty
PostSubject: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 8:53

I'm trying to help out a friend, so spreading the word...

I need to find a BIG draft horse. Mare or Gelding, must be 16 + hhs.

Needs to be broke to either drive or ride.

Horse would have it easy and be spoiled. At most would take grandkids for a circle around farm (no hard work at all).

If you know of any that might fit the bill please let me know.

Price range up to 2000, but I need to find it quick!
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 8:59

How far are they willing to travel to get the horse?
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 21:39

It really depends on the horse and the price. For the right one, we could always get transport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 22:13

Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec - 22:37

Kim, do you know if she has any that drive?

If so, definetly let me know!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 23:41

I talked to her tonight Cascy and she said she would ask around. She said people up around you and her are hanging onto their drafts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 5:31

Casey, I can check with the carriage company. They just took some to Perry but may still have some for sell. Most of theirs drive and ride. Let me know if you haven't found one. I will call today and find out for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 5:36

Also check out The Big Horse Ranch They have three for sell. One is a 7yr old Blk Percheron gelding named MR. He is 18 hands rides and drives $2500.00.
http://www.bighorseranch.com/horses_for_sale_draft.html
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 5:49

mymaxx wrote:
Also check out The Big Horse Ranch They have three for sell. One is a 7yr old Blk Percheron gelding named MR. He is 18 hands rides and drives $2500.00.
[url=http://www.bighorseranch.com/horses_for_sale_draft.html
http://www.bighorseranch.com/horses_for_sale_draft.html[/quote[/url]]
Ooooo....he's purdy! Trying to help a friend (wanted!) 408851
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 5:56

JR is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 6:02

Val you could ride any of them.....with a 6' ladder for mounting. Trying to help a friend (wanted!) 323785 All joking aside, that's a loooong way up for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 19:30

Mymaxx, I will check out that site... We've found one we may go to texas to check out but he's if'y.... So let me know if they happen to have any that may work.
Back to top Go down
Ferronsgranny

Ferronsgranny

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 19:43

Casey, you might want to try this one out:
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/1522805696.html
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec - 7:13

Thanks FG, i saw that one last night when I was browsing the ads... but they are dead set on something taller then 16hhs...

The search continues...

There is a shire gelding that is 7 years old we're supposed to go look at on Saturday. I'll let ya'll know if it works out. Thanks everyone for helping me look Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ferronsgranny

Ferronsgranny

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec - 19:15

Cascy, I found a 18 hand daft in lebanon, Tenn. for $1850. His name is Clyde. I found him on
http://www.draftsforsale.com/ShowAd/index.php?id=4b250010664af
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec - 19:23

Wow. That's a big, pretty fella. Sounds like he'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to help a friend (wanted!)   Trying to help a friend (wanted!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to help a friend (wanted!)
Page 1 of 1