Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter-John's Love

Peter-John's Love

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Empty
PostSubject: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 11:20

Farm for sale (can be divided into small parcels if desired & most would have live water) .....the whole place is listed for only $299,900.

It is listed with Jackie Christy (417) 362-0019

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 286384 132 acres - hay fields, pasture, treed pasture, woods

fenced and cross fenced (pasture sizes are by acres by what I was told so are est and could off...but gives an idea)
*15 hay (no water but can be opened to fields with water)
*16 hay (no water but can be opened to fields with water)
*23 hay with dug pond (many say it is spring fed, but I am not sure) can access grey barn & red barn
*47 mixed pasture, treed pasture, hollar, free running spring, lake, 3 ponds, creek
*12 = 5 woods and 7 pasture with 2 spring fed ponds
*5 pasture (poss hay) with large partial spring fed / run off pond...can access large garage, chicken coop barn, grey barn & red barn
*10 mixed (has hollar with part of the lake, pasture and treed pasture) & sm barn
*1/2 holding pen pasture with a few shade trees
*1/2 drive (runway) flat pasture can access red barn
*1/2 pen at barns
*1/2 garden plot
* 3 - house, yard, and out buildings

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 286384 LIVE WATER - creek, lake, 7 ponds (most spring fed), open spring....the live water is in many different areas of the farm - no flooding, but critters have access to fresh clean waters....and the water does not prevent access to any part the farm
* lake (about an acre) stocked with blue gill, catfish, bass (part run off/part spring fed) I was told it could be enlarged with the smaller 2 ponds below it to make a huge lake if desired
* 2 spring fed ponds below lake they both overflow to start the creek
* spring fed pond at back - runs into creek (this spring has still flowed in drought and even in deep freezes)
* 2 spring fed woods ponds - they are together - one is above the other and waterfall trickles into the lower one
* run off pond - large triangle shaped, no spring seen, but was told it is partly springfed, stays full, but does not run over - it will top freeze
* dug pond - (I have been told by locals that it must have a spring below as it stays full even with cattle using it heavy - it does freeze over)
*open spring....runs down hillside near the creek start, could be ponded off to have a waterfall on hill
*"creek" - this is platted as partly underground....it runs year round but at times sections do go underground....sometimes runs full length above ground....I would call it a brook as here creeks are more like a small rivers....It is on the county plat as a creek....flows nicely in areas all year....because it runs the lower part of the hollar, run off rains fill it to a rapid flowing creek at times
* seasonal waterfall....The lake at times over flows and creates a rock waterfall that is breath taking, but it is seasonal to overflow times

rendeer Hunting and Fishing - deer travel this farm so a great hunt for them here, also wild turkey, quail, rabbit, squirrel....lake is stocked, other ponds could be

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 286384 BUILDINGS (8 of them)

* 2 car garage (24x24) cement floor, wood with metal covering, electricity, 2 windows, side door, 2 garage doors (doors need replacing or repairs) excellent shape except for doors
* Large garage (30x40) cement floor, Amish built, metal, 2 windows, 2 garage doors, walk in door, skylight couplas, wired for electric but electricty has not been run over to it, has a drain in front of floor.....excellent shape
* "Red barn" (30x50) oak covered with red sheeting that is coming off in places - I am told this barn is over 90 years - hay loft, lower area divided into 5 main areas and subdivided....needs some work, but old gem...metal roof replaced in '01...was an old dairy barn...could be made into horse stalls....this is one of those great old barns
* "grey barn" (42x52) "manger barn" oak....dirt floor, center is divided out to store hay and throw into the feeders (but this could be stalls or inside work out pen) the outter part is a u shaped run in - unique style...my critters use it for a run in shelter - metal roof done in '01 - minor repairs needed, but excellent barn
* small barn (12x18 with a 9x18 lean-to) cement foundation with wood floor in barn and dirt floor in lean-to, lean-to is 3 sided, great structure, but needs some tlc
* barn / chicken coop - (17x31) wood with sheet metal for better insulation, roof is fine but old, has panels for light, one side has lower wood with wire mesh above, walk in door and a chicken door - has nesting box frame that uses about half of it that could be removed to use the barn for other uses, dirt floor....huge chicken coop or could be a great calfing barn - I had 7 horses that went inside (like a clown car how many can get in 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 323785 )
* machine shed (16x40) has cement foundation, dirt floor, great for keeping things dry (could be nice horse stalls) needs work and does not fit modern equipment very well....but nice for open storage....I use it for hay...has electricity, but should be updated
* smoke house (10x17) stucco matches the house, cement floor, 3 windows (but need to replace them) walk in door, metal roof that is ok but needs new roof, foundation flooring needs some work, but great building for storing things (I use it for a tack room)...had electric, but should be updated
***There is also the frame for an old pig house, no roof....could be repaired or torn down....There are pens for critters (dog and goat with dog houses inside them)***there is a portable chicken house that could be left or moved***there is an old well house that could be used for storage, or maybe that well could be repaired (it is not the working well for the farm and water is not an issue on this farm, but there was one there at one time)...

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 286384 HOME

* old farm house built in 1916 so getting close to 100 years old - the age shows in somethings and she has some issues that need care, but she is a fine old house that is very livable...2 bedroom with an unfinished upstairs that could be more (upstairs has wiring and has the windows...so could be finished without to much work)....And yes there is one "after thought bath", hey but indoor plumbing is good....central heat and air added in '04, electric updated in '04, kitchen has oak cupboards, dishwasher....washer/dryer hook up....This is a Sears catalog house....the value of the farm is not the house, but with work it could be a gem...or live in as is....or build a new one (and rent this one....) There is a fireplace, but it would need an inspection to be sure it is ok to use.....we cannot use it with Peter-John, so never had it evaluated (well, we use it to hang Christmas stockings)....1280 sq ft...well, septic, phone, electric, rented propane tank....The back porch is enclosed, and still has the old cistern....As far as old farm houses she is a happy old lady, but sags in a few places and shows long years of serving her owners....

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 286384 LOCATION

* 1/2 mile gravel road to state Hwy 5 and 11 miles more to Hwy 60 or 33 miles more to I-44
* 2 miles to town with full services - churches, post office, school, 3 gas stations, 2 feed stores, major grocery store, Subway, Dollar General, court house, fire dept, 2 banks, auto shops, 2 eateries....etc.....(good for a town of about 600 people)
* about 35 miles in any of 5 ways to Walmart / fast food towns
* 50 miles to Springfield (big town)
* 2 hours to Branson

If you want to know more or see pictures of anything let me know.....or Jackie can send plat maps, etc....

I need to get it sold so please pass the word around.....

Last edited by Peter-John's Love on Fri 28 Jan - 13:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissKitty

MissKitty

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 13:04

Sigh.......Sounds so perfect.

That is one of my dreams to some day have both pond and creek for the ponies and puppies to play in. And woods and fields. And a barn.
Back to top Go down
MissMolly'sMom

MissMolly'sMom

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 13:30

too bad Missouri is so far away from alabama Rolling Eyes Sounds like a dream
Back to top Go down
Peter-John's Love

Peter-John's Love

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 13:43

It is wonderful....but not what we need now....cause of all the health issues...I finally can think about moving without crying....It is right to move, but No

I forgot the best part.....the taxes were 438.11 last year....YES FOR A YEAR! and that included my personal taxes on the critters, car, 1 horse trailer, the farm.... cheers 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 966571 cheers

I MUST get it sold by fall.....so if ya know ANYONE looking....

Even having the hollar, this would be an awesome horse farm....up and down, flat places, water, woods, pasture....could make great trails....and soooooo many great outbuildings....and lush grasses grow....and have to love the water....

My horses are tooooo fat on just pasture (round bale in winter)....

Great vets that come to the farm....wonderful farrier...

And if I could still use a hammer the repairs would be easy to do....

The only bad horse farm issue is barbed wire fencing affraid 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 928694 mine have all done fine with it (even the babies), but not good to have for horsies.

It is peaceful and calm....a place where a farmer can learn to be wise 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 909320
Back to top Go down
Peter-John's Love

Peter-John's Love

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 13:59

MMM - you just want a 17x31 chicken coop 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 323785 well or maybe you just wanta send your rooster here affraid 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 323785 but think of the garden you could grow 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 770699 flower

Miss Kitty....NOT just one pond....one of my Wednesday Wag stories was about the little Shiz Tzu falling in the pond - that was funny. I would love to have built a house on the hill over looking the lake and made the spring up on the hill waterfall and watch it everyday....but those dreams are more than just money issues now, I just cannot care for it....I need to sell.
Back to top Go down
MissKitty

MissKitty

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 14:05

Do you have a realtor's flyer or something I can link to?
Back to top Go down
Peter-John's Love

Peter-John's Love

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 14:17

I'll see if I can get a link...they are not working for me No My new computer has a blocking thing on it scratch Crying or Very sad

I cannot get them to link Twisted Evil

You could call or email Jackie....

jackie.christy@yahoo.com

1-417-362-0019 or 1-417-256-5729

Back to top Go down
Peter-John's Love

Peter-John's Love

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 14:45

Back to top Go down
MissKitty

MissKitty

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 15:39

Link worked.

I so need to win the lottery. The only thing it's missing is the indoor arena. Though I suppose winters aren't nearly as miserable down there. So covered would work.
Back to top Go down
LAH-nurse

LAH-nurse

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 2:32

It's so beautiful! Do you know what a piece of property like that would go for out here?!?!?!? Shocked Millions!
I wish you much luck. Maybe you should try the St. Joseph approach. It worked for my mother's friend who was trying to sell her house years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andinthelongrun.blogspot.com
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 6:03

*sigh* PJL, the price is beyond fair. Something like that in these parts would cost millions. You are living on my dream property. Will send prayers for a quick sale, even if it's in pieces and prayers that I win some $$ because I would jump on that in a heartbeat!! Have faith...all will work out. 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri 256572
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec - 6:46

Scraps, there's a real estate agent listed at the beginning of this thread....maybe they know where she is or her address?
Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec - 6:49

Peter-John's Love wrote:
I'll see if I can get a link...they are not working for me  No My new computer has a blocking thing on it  scratch  Crying or Very sad

I cannot get them to link  Twisted Evil

You could call or email Jackie....

jackie.christy@yahoo.com

1-417-362-0019 or 1-417-256-5729

And more...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri   132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

132 acre farm with LIVE WATER for sale in Missouri
Page 1 of 1