Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paint Gelding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 18:46

Keep in mind this is not my horse.. All I am doing is putting it up for my boarder......:)

13yo bay/white gelding
15+ hands
thick bone
Mostly white with a bay head and a few bay spots

Apache is a 13 yo gelding who is sweet, loving and very kind. He will load perfectly, ties great, farriers great, vets great, backs, saddles rides, you name it he will do. He is very confident when riden with others horses, and pastures well with others too. He really is a good horse. He is an easy keeper but just does not get the time spent with him he most definatly needs. He doe NOT kick, buck or bite. Very well mannered. He would be a great project horse.

Now the kicker... He is a spooky horse. He needs an experienced confident rider who knows how to handle a spook.. I do believe that alot of this can be worked out of him, if given the chance. He is not being worked with at all. As I said he is my boarders horse so it is not my responsibility to ride and train them.

He is not registered, and I think he mis mixed. To me he has an Appy eye but I have not looked for other traits. He is asking 650.00 but is very very negociable to a very good home that will give him the time and work he needs. If interested PM me and I will give you his phone number.
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 20:22

i will put up pics tmorrow
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 16:30

This horse is sold back to his origonal owner.. Thank goodness. I was worried about the liability issues with him being so spooky. Well not for me, but for my boarder.... This horse is really sweet and kind so good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 16:36

Thats great news...now if only you could find a good home from my big guy Sampson for me! lol!
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 17:35

What is the specs on him I remember him very well from when we met up at silver spur.... He is a funny funny boy...
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 8:04

6 yr old Belgium/QH cross. And yes a big goof ball. I would consider him green broke, because he still has a few issues at the lope(still likes to kick up his heels some) We have used him as a trail horse and he has gone on quite a few big rides, he has had other horses acting the fool and spin into him and him not move. When he is rode consistently you couldn't ask for a better behaved boy, but if you put him up for awhile the first time you take him out he will try to see what he can get away with and push your buttons. He hasn't been rode since we were at the club, but I could pull him out ride him once or twice and he would be good to go for a big ride. He really needs his very own person, the more you ride him the more he wants to go. He is just not being used and he wants to go so badly, he always chases the trailer and hollers to go and that breaks my heart...but he is just not a show or cow pony. I would not consider him a beginners horse or a childs horse(unless it was a child like "C") My main goal is to find him a great home, where he is well taken care of and I can keep a check on him. Price neg. to the right home and to the right person may consider free leasing him.
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 8:05

Opps I called C a child sorry a young lady like "C" I keep forgetting she is growing up on me Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 8:09

Ruler, how big is he? Sounds like what I am looking for, but I need to get settled somewhere first with all this going on with my barn. I am looking for a draft cross, young, big, not spooky.
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 8:12

I will have to stick him for you....I know he is over 16h and more on the drafty side and has a trot to die for...you can ride it all day long. If he has been put up for awhile he can be spooky the first time back out in the woods but otherwise not a spooky guy...unless you come across a turtle he is scared to death of turtles lol!
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 10:51

Yes ma'am I would say definatly that he is over 16 hands and huge....
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 15:14

I WANT him!! How much is he? I just have to get this barn situation settled...
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 15:25

What are you wanting to use him for?(just curious) when you get everything settled with the barn just let me know and we will see what we can come up with! I will try to get some pictures of him.
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 17:14

You will love him, i fell in love with him when I saw him and his personality is sooooooo worth it... He is a pretty boy.. I told you when I saw him that I would have gotten him for Kendall if she would have been more confident when we were down there.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Mare

Alpha Mare

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 19:27

I just want a horse to love and ride. I ride dressage, but nothing serious, I have taken my boy Opie to a couple of shows, but really, I just hack around. Opie is 15 now, with health issues (laryngeal hemiplegia, severe allergies for which he gets monthly shots, and he is terribly parrot-mouthed so he gets a special diet). I am finding myself wanting to ride more than 2-3 days a week, and be able to do more, and Opie just can't handle it. I am keeping Opie, he is my baby, but I would like to have another younger horse to ride, also. Also, then my hubby and I could ride together, he likes to ride Opie but would have more fun if we could ride together. I would happily provide vet, farrier, and trainer references, and they would all tell you how much I baby my horses.

We have had some turnover with ponies, but once we find the right one, it stays with us for life. I have had Opie for 4 years, and Cricket for 3. We have not had Sunshine a year yet, but barring unforseen circumstances, she is also a lifer. We are honestly still undecided on Kisses. Anna really likes her and she has a great personality and is a wonderful pony, but she is a lot bigger than anything Anna has been used to so anytime she acts up, it feels worse to Anna. And, I feel like except for one circumstance, I have always been able to improve each pony's situation by increasing it's training and selling it into a better circumstance than it was in before.

The good news is, I am feeling much more settled tonight. The lawyer is pretty certain she can get this all worked out, and even if she doesn't, we have found another little place where the rent is reasonable, with a 6 stall barn and 4 acres, and an arena. I should know definitely which way I am going in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 7:59

I will try and get you some pictures of him, he is more on the draft side and is a trail horse, on flat ground he will trip over his own feet but the rougher the terrain the better he does.
Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 8:50

Yes he is very big boned. Very beautiful, but big boned.... Good luck Ruler and Alpha Mare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paint Gelding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Gelding   Paint Gelding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint Gelding
Page 1 of 1