Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Josie is SOLD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug - 13:14

Josie is Sold.

Josie was suppose to be Jon's project horse. She needed manners and we thought she needed some re-training. But everything was already there and it didn't turn out to be much of a project at all. She just needed an owner who didn't let her walk all over them. Even though she isn't pushy at all!

We love her and would really like to keep her, as she is my new favorite riding horse! BUT we have Copper/Tanner coming in Dec and just don't have room to keep the boys from the girl.... And he doesn't need to know he can do "that" until he is much older!

So she is for sale. She is excellent on trails and is not spooky. Balks once in a while but does not bolt, rear or buck ever. Goes well in groups or alone. She is rope broke meaning you can swing the rope while you are on her, or on the ground, and you can actually throw the rope around her and she doesn't care. She has been around our steers and even dragged one back to the pen when he got out, so she would be good for cattle work with a little direction. We have taken her to a cutting practice and she was fine around the cattle and all the excitement.

Is really easy to ride although will test a little bit with a new rider, but is easily corrected. Neck reins, and is responsive to leg cues too. My dad who is a beginner rode her on barrels and she did really well and improved her time each run but still stayed calm and cool. She also beat a friend's barrel horse on a straight-away race just for fun, but we found out how fast she really is even with her short legs!

Jon rides her bareback with a halter and she does really well too. However we usually ride in a short shank tom thumb that she seems to like. Jon has also stood on her back while she is loose in the pasture and she just stands there and waits for him to ask her to move. He also can vault on to her from behind without her caring or moving an inch.

She is only 14.1 but has good body and leg mass that she doesn't look like a pony and carry's my 200lbs easily. She's approximately 10 years old, and not registered (that we know of). Up to date on Coggins and teeth float - She was REALLY good for the vet and he said she has great teeth! She gets along well with our 2 geldings and lives outside with a run in. Is not a bossy or mareish horse at all. Does the normal lead, load, tie with no issues also.

Any questions let me know. Or also let me know if I left anything out of the above description. Contact me for price.

Josie is SOLD 6-3-09071

Josie is SOLD 6-3-09061

Josie is SOLD 6-3-09070

my dad trying out barrels
Josie is SOLD GonyawFarmsJun09038

Josie is SOLD 6-3-09069

Josie is SOLD 6-3-09068

Any other comments welcome as well! Wink

Last edited by Jess6092 on Mon 28 Sep - 6:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug - 13:20

How much are you asking for her - it is okay to list the prices in here.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug - 13:46

She's really pretty and sounds like an awesome, all around kinda gal. I bet you'll get her sold soon.
Back to top Go down

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep - 6:59

If we can't sell her she will go on free lease to my dad at a near by farm so there is no real rush and we aren't going to lower the price drastically when Nov gets closer. She is really a great horse and worth every penny.

Thanks for the compliments HorseLVR! She really is that perfect all around type. She has such a great mind too!
That will teach us to try to have "project" horses! They turn out better that the ones we already have! Laughing And I HATE selling horses! The tire kickers are just horrible! Jon says they all just want to come for a free trail ride! Laughing I hope we find someone serious, and a good home for her soon!
Back to top Go down

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 6:38

Well we traded Josie for a nice Gelding this weekend. So she is no longer for sale through me.

She is still for sale at Gonyaw farms though if someone is really interested in her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 7:53

And the photos of the new boy are ????? Laughing
Back to top Go down

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 8:31

Gotta go to the link below and he's the third horse down. I will get pics this afternoon when we braid his mane. Jon can't stand that it is on both sides! Josie is SOLD 323785 So I have to braid and "train" it to stay on one side!

He has a bunch of scrapes and scars too, I guess he got put out in a bad pasture with the last lady that had him. So he's getting corona on those tonight too.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 8:35

I like him. Congratulations! Wink
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 8:43

Congrats on your new boy. He's very pretty. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rulerskipacajun

rulerskipacajun

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 8:57

Congrats....can't wait to see more pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep - 8:57

Thanks guys. He should be ok! Needs some waking up and to have some controls put on him like power steering and brakes! Laughing But nothing that a few rides with Jon won't be able to fix! Hopefully! He is SO lazy tho, we were chasing them in to the dry lot to show them that there was hay in there, and he wouldn't break a trot! Not much bothers him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Josie is SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie is SOLD   Josie is SOLD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josie is SOLD
Page 1 of 1