Horsefeathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horsefeathers

A private PG rated forum to share stories, pictures, and information about the animal we all love - the horse!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?

Go down 
+4
Cascy
Admin
scrappy
TMom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TMom

TMom

OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Empty
PostSubject: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 14:42

Someone must.
Please list any gaiteds that you KNOW personally.
Aged OK,but gentle required and not one I have to keep in gait...naturally easy gaited.
I have money or maybe a horse[roping and trail]
I want to start doing the 12 mile rides and with my back no way.
Clyde is staying here but his trot is like riding a wildebeast.
Back to top Go down
scrappy

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 17:33

I do but we are pretty far apart. Cascy is closer....she might be able to help.....I think you should get a gaited mule!!!
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 17:36

I am not sure I want a mule-ONLY because it is a whole nuther game working with a mule.
Do not disrespect them-I like them. My Dad was a mule man.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 18:02

Doesn't Cascy's family raise Missouri Foxtrotters - they are some nice horses..
Back to top Go down
http://home.earthlink.net/~vpgann/
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 20:24

I don't know...
Cascy?
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 20:50

Yes Very Happy

We havnt bred any horses in a good while, so the one's we have are older and mostly mares. Don't know if that would work for you or not.

I do have a mule that would be perfect for you though... 12 yr old, complete been there done that gelding, and he is smooth as silk to ride Wink

If all else fails, I hear about and get offered some all the time, and I'll help you find what your after
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 21:01

Hmm-OK you have mail..
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 21:03

Back to top Go down
HorseLVR
Admin
HorseLVR

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 21:21

I don't think she does, Cascy....
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 21:47

I think she placed him too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 10:26

I have one, green but has never bucked or reared. Very friendly and courisous. Has a racking gait. He is registered spotted saddle horse. Currently 15.1 hands and 4 years old (gelding) IMO just needs riding time. Meets you in the field. He does get monthly shots for allergies. I believe he is allergic to cedar trees. That csme up in his testing, and there are a bunch of them all around my place. I do live a fairly long ways from you in Montgomery Alabama. If he would be a horse you would consider, I can send pictures and a movie of his gait. OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? 357186
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 10:36

Sadly I am more in the market for a horse that has seen it all and done most of it.
I am going to gaited due to health issues.
We have no cedar trees though..
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 11:09

My friend has a nice black TWH mare she would sell; Sally is 15 hands, 19 (I think) years old, has seen and done everything. She's a very easy keeper - too easy - and has grass foundered a couple of times in the spring. She has nice feet that hold shoes well despite that though.

I've ridden her, and Joe has ridden her, and neither of us is at all experienced with gaited horses. She is very set in her gaits and basically effortless to ride. Stands for everything, trailers well. Her only glitch is that she can be a little hard to catch - but by a little hard I mean she might walk away from you instead of to you.

I know MN is a bit far away, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 11:15

MN in the wintertime is a long ways..
Back to top Go down
country-mare

country-mare

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 14:08

Tmom,
check out this site

http://www.deercreekwalkers.com/

She has some gorgeous horse's.
She lives not far from Jack's breeder, and
my friends Leah's place. She sometimes has some
nice riding horse's for sale.
My good friend Ms Sherry, stop there to visit and
checked them out. She rides a big spotted walker
she thought about breeding to their buckskin stud.
Said Mary the owner is really nice lady.
Back to top Go down
country-mare

country-mare

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 15:12

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 20:12

That looks like a Quarter Horse scratch
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan - 8:46

PQH wrote:
That looks like a Quarter Horse scratch

Do you think so? I think she looks like a stocky TWH.
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 20:10

Don't know how far you'd be willing to travel or if you'd like to arrange shipping but I found a REALLY cheap one..

http://mobile.craigslist.org/grd/1566016547.html
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan - 20:49

Poor Horse..I think I am going to have to wait on this horse shopping till after my surgery..
Can someone else rescue this poor thing?
Back to top Go down
Cascy

Cascy

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan - 8:53

I have idiot neighbors on both sides of me, both own studs and have NO special fencing (just 4 strand barbwire on one side, and web wire on the other) so I can't have any mare's here... Rolling Eyes

Poor girl
Back to top Go down
TMom

TMom

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan - 9:03

Heck I cannot see a way to get her here-right now.
Have they thought about FEEDING her more?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?   OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK-WHO has a gaited horse for sale?
Page 1 of 1